Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Humbling Brithday

This has had to be one of the best birthdays ever! I am truly on my knees with thanks for everyone who helped to make this day so special!
Waking my family at a painful 6:30am, they came and gave gifts with gracious, cheerful smiles. From them I received a Kindle, amazon's e-book reader! It is really awesome and I have lots of fun already, thank you so much!
But the best bit came at school, when everyone gave me the most amazing and thoughtful gifts ever - in my case - home wares! I had already been given some cake tins by my family, but my friends also gave me two different types of gorgeous measuring cups, mini soup ladle a mug and more!
My bestie made me a cake (mmm, rich chocolate - my favorite!) and everyone was so nice all day. I know I complain to much, and today has really humbled me - I have the best group of people around me a girl could have!
So, birthdays are not just about the gifts, or even the awesome home-made cake. On our own birthdays we should strive be humble and grateful for those around us.

I look forward to spending lots of time cooking with my new supplies: job no. 1, bake some thank you cup cakes for everyone!

Now for some pictures!

Bundt and tube tins, plus mini bundts!

It is hard to tell by this photo, but the white measuring
cups are babushkas! They fit together so nicely, and are
as sculptural as they are practical.
The multi-colored  flower ones are also very sturdy,
 I am sure I will get a lot of use out of them!

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. 
C. S. Lewis 

No comments:

Post a Comment