Monday, November 1, 2010

Hello November!

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month!
The first day of November has been painful like every Monday; drag my self out of bed, get to school and start the day with a hearty dose of grammar. Not much school or even the year left now, how time flies when you are having fun!
Speaking of fun, take a walk through my front door, down the hallways and enter my kitchen!
Lets see, since I have last posted the main things I have cooked... first would be Rhubarb Tarts, Mum had stewed some Rhubarb so I thawed out some frozen pastry in a whirl of inspiration and ended up with four mini tarts. I put a bit of brown sugar on top and it caramelized nicely. They were that nice balance between sweet and that bit of sour! 
Tasty Rhubarb Tarts!

Next up was Thai Green Curry, which was this weeks recipe for the "Saturday afternoon cook" when my friend comes over before she heads to church and we cook dinner together. I really enjoy those afternoons and the curry was really nice as well. While the recipe I used says you don't need to cook the chicken first, I did to avoid that slight tang of raw meat in the finished dish. I also dislike fresh coriander, so did not add that in - but those in my family who do like it added it in to thier own and assure me it gave a wonderful flavour. I'll take your word for it guys!

Finally we have Sweet Pumpkin Pie! I am Australian and it sure ain't Thanksgiving but I felt like making a pie and we had a pumpkin that needed using. I used a Kent pumpkin even though the recipe specified butternut but it still tasted good. A nice easy and relaxing dish to make, I will certainly make this one again! The pastry I used was a packet mix (yes - I feel ashamed just admitting it!) but turned out being quite nice, I only used it because I was short on time - when I repeat this recipe I will make it from scratch myself. 
Sweet Pumpkin Pie - I apologize for the blur!
So, that is all from me for now. I will try and post the recipe and pictures of the curry tomorrow.
Until then!
Ims x

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job with your blog Imogen Jane. I love reading your updates and lucky me - I usually get to taste your treats unlike the other readers!!! I am proud of the way you will have a go at something different or tricky, and as a result your skills are increasing rapidly - and that is not just with cooking stuff. Go Girl.
    Love from Capt'n xo

    ReplyDelete