Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The gift of wisdom

For Christmas I received the book 'When I talk to you' by Michael Leunig.
The cover states 'a cartoonist talks to God' and the book is made up of prayers along with illustrations. 
I may not have been given the gift of wisdom, after all it can never be given so I can not hope to acquire such a present. But I hope this book will help me to become wise, one day I hope to achieve wisdom. What wisdom is exactly, I don't quite know. All I know is that I'm not there yet and won't be for a long time. 


A quote from 'When I talk to you'


God  help us with ideas, those thoughts that inform the ways we live and the things we do. Let us not seize upon ideas, neither shall we hunt them down nor steal them away. Rather let us wait faithfully for them to approach, slowly and gently like creatures from the wild. And let them enter willingly into our hearts and come and go frequently within the sanctuary of our contemplation, informing our souls as they arrive and being enlivened by the inspiration of our hearts as they leave. These shall be our truest thoughts. Our willing and effective ideas. Let us treasure their humble originality. Let us follow them gently back into the world with faith that they will lead us to lives of harmony and integrity.


Amen


Ponder at your leisure,
Fighting!
Ims x

No comments:

Post a Comment